About this blog

Daily photos and short posts from my 8th grade math classroom. I teach 8th grade math, Algebra I CC (called Advanced Algebra), and French 1.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Day 2

Back for more action today!  We worked on our Multiple Intelligences, Learning Styles, and True Color Personality today.  Thanks to Sarah at Everybody is a Genius and Sarah at Math Equals Love for sharing their ideas and links on the topic.  I took the surveys and summaries and condensed them into a little booklet (three front and back pages folded in half).  We worked through it today and I was fascinated to learn a couple of things:

1. My Math 8 class (on grade level) is composed of exactly half auditory learners.  Before I did the survey I suspected that more of my advanced students would be auditory learners since that's what teachers fall back on when they're being lazy.  Wrong!  Fully 1/2 and 2/3 of my two advanced classes are kinesthetic learners. 

2. 20/28 and 19/29 students in my advanced groups are orange when it comes to the true colors personality.  Yikes!  Teachers are generally gold (very organized and planned).  I'm green (scientific) but gold is a very close second.  Oranges tend to be spontaneous, risk takers who enjoy a lot of action.  I'll be busy keeping these classes engaged and out of trouble this year!

Here's a picture of my booklet.  :)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment