About this blog

Daily photos and short posts from my 8th grade math classroom. I teach 8th grade math, Algebra I CC (called Advanced Algebra), and French 1.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Day -2

Today was the BEST day of my teaching career thus far.  That's strange, because kids are my favorite part of my job and there were no kids around.  What happened?  Well, I get to teach French I during our school's intervention/enrichment period this year.  Huzzah!  I've been asking for this opportunity since I started 5 years ago.  The position's been open, but there's always been a great need for math.  With our transition to common core I'm actually freed up to not teach a math intervention. 

My picture, therefore, is not of my classroom, but rather of some of the books I collected when I lived in France with the idea I'd one day get to teach French.  This is my dream come true!


Other great things: My computer is fixed and my hard drive was in tact so I didn't lose any files.  I was really sweating that!  Plus, my math team did an hour plus of awesome planning for our function unit today and I'm excited to get that started! 

Mathematically (and linguistically) yours,
Miss B

No comments:

Post a Comment