About this blog

Daily photos and short posts from my 8th grade math classroom. I teach 8th grade math, Algebra I CC (called Advanced Algebra), and French 1.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Day 24: Linear Programming with K'Nex

We had a little K'Nex factory churning out "quarks" and "bots" today in Advanced Algebra.  I used this activity to introduce linear programming in a non-threatening way.  It also turned out to be perfect because we had a modified schedule (which I'd forgotten about over the weekend), so our class periods were much shorter than usual and this took up the perfect amount of time. 





I was surprised just how few of my students had ever seen or used K'Nex before.  One student asked me if I'd made a typo on the handout and had meant to write "Kleenex" instead of "K'Nex." 

No comments:

Post a Comment