About this blog

Daily photos and short posts from my 8th grade math classroom. I teach 8th grade math, Algebra I CC (called Advanced Algebra), and French 1.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Day 19- Thanks, Santa!


Sometime in the summer, I read about Redditgift's teacher gift exchange.  Essentially, teachers could sign up to receive a gift from a randomly assigned donor.  Teachers were asked to make a short wish list valued around $20 and they would be matched up with a donor who signed up to send a gift. 

I tried to honor the $20 limit, so I asked for colored pencils, dry erase markers, glue sticks, and card stock.  I explained that my students were using interactive notebooks for the first time and that these materials would help us keep that going throughout the year.  Well over half of my students are economically disadvantaged, so it's rare for supplies to be replenished mid-year.

My "Santa" was so generous and went well beyond the suggested donation.  Santa sent 12 boxes of colored pencils, 18 glue sticks, and 20 dry erase markers.  According to the site, there's a second box on the way and I can't even imagine what might be in there!    Thank you so much, Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment